Monday, January 12, 2009

Two Months

As of yesterday, Rebecca is two months old. As of Friday, she weighs exactly 9.5lbs. And, for those who remember me as an infant, her current pictures look pretty well identical, aside from the quantity and location of hair on her head to my pictures at her same age (and her size... she's smaller than I was). She's staying awake a lot more most of the time, except this last week her sleep habits seem to have changed again. I'm not too thrilled with them now. She's been falling into a really good, deep sleep, around 5:30 or 6:00, and then by the time it is 3:00 am she is ready to get up. Hmm... maybe I'll have to force her to stay awake in the early evening so as to get her to sleep through the night or something. *sigh* Anyway, basically it's meant that I'm awake every hour from somewhere around 3 until I finally kick her out with Justin because I'm tired of being awake and he's had at least six uninterrupted hours of sleep! I'm being really nice to him at the moment, because it is 6:30 am, and I'm up with her sitting on my lap learning how to blog, rather than making him get up and spend time with her. I'm thinking I might eat breakfast, and make him get up and look after her after giving her another feeding, so as to be able to tell him not to come talk to me for at least an hour and a half to two hours...

I'm really excited to watch and see what sorts of birds we get at the feeders we have outside. We'll have a third one, but at the moment there is a tray (made from the large side of my broken Pampered Chef Stone), and a pinecone rolled in peanutbutter and seeds. I have a "house" shaped one which will get some seed stuck in it as well. The seeds that I have should attract little birds, so we'll have to see! I've never fed the wild birds in this area before.

Well, I haven't really had much going on in the last week, which is good, because I ran a fever on Thursday, and was totally exhausted Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, probably because of said fever. Hopefully this week will be a little better. It already appears that it may be, as we got the tree down, and I've been able to actually do some reading, and accomplish a nap a couple of times. But, other than choir practise, I still haven't got aanything on my schedule this week either. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear the sleep problems! I had quite the time with Amelia, and decided to do something different with Aaron (he isn't completely fixed yet lol but better than Amy at that age!) have you tried looking into some routines? I know we have our own that we do, but I found that if I didn't get enough feeds in the day (good feeds mind you) then he would wake up more in the night, I found Gina Ford really good for the routines aspect, can't say much on all her views though, but definitely worth a read if you haven't had something like it already! :) Anyways, at least I can sympathize with you boy it was rough for the first year and a half with Amy so I'm feeling for you! :)

    Hugs, and many thanks for the pic (she looks lovely!),
    Ev xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until this past week, it hasn't really been an issue. I think part of it has been that I wasn't feeling too great most of the week, so routines didn't really happen. She does some *really* good feedings right through the day. For some reason, she thinks every 2 hours is a necessity in the day time. But, most of the time that means that night times are largely uninterrupted. Normally we would do a bath, possible massage, and a story, but it just hasn't happened this week... hopefully the coming week will be better in that aspect. :)

    Glad you like the pic! :)

    ReplyDelete