I've been asking Justin to get allergy testing done for probably close to two years now... basically, ever since he got decent health insurance. So... finally, yesterday, he started his three day series of testing. They test moulds, hay fever, and animal triggers on one day, the next day is trees and grasses, and then the third day is foods. So, we now know that Justin reacts to pretty much literally every tree and grass out there except for pine (who knew, LOL), the worst being Walnut (tree), Hickory (tree), Birch (tree), Johnson (grass), Bermuda (grass), Timothy (grass), Ragweed, dust, dust mites, and cats. NOT dogs, even though he and his parents were insisting that he was allergic to dogs. He came home this morning having been informed by the allergist that he is the worst case she has had in a LONG time. Now I'm afraid of tomorrow! I'm not sure I really want to know what foods he reacts to considering the long list already! I can just imagine trying to cook around my allergies combined with whatever may be his. *sigh* Oh well... I guess I'll just have to deal with it, considering I asked for it. At least this means that he should end up with a prescription strength medication to help with the constant runny nose/back drainage issues.
In other news, I finally managed to dig out our dining room table yesterday after a few weeks of chaos. Now, that doesn't say much for the living room at the moment, but seeing as that room is much better than the dining room was, I don't think it will take long to take care of the living room. I think it's mostly just going to be a matter of getting rid of a few flyers and rearranging the furniture to where I like the arrangement again... which at the moment, I have no clue where I want the furniture.
Rebecca seems to finally be getting onto a bit of a schedule. My non-sleeping baby has started taking fairly consistent naps!! I'm excited about this! She's been fairly consistently going down between 9 and 9:30 am for an hour, and then normally between 1 and 1:30 for two to three hours for nearly a week. We failed at the 1-1:30 thing today, hitting 2:00 instead, and I think she's waking up again... but then, it's 3:30, so I guess 1 1/2 hours when she went down late isn't too bad. If only I could get her to sleep right through the night we would be doing *really* well, but she's also getting into a bit of a schedule on that one as well. She'll go to sleep around 8, eat around 11:30, eat around 4, and sleep until 7 or 7:30. I can deal with this a lot better than her whole cluster feeding from 3 till 7:30 am thing she had going a few weeks ago. This napping schedule is also making it much easier for me to get things done around the house, even when she is awake, because she is content (and awake) enough to spend time sitting in her rocking chair or lying on the floor. She's also enjoying going for walks a lot more, and it's really fun to watch her eyes as she notices birds or squirrels or whatever overhead. Oh, and she is just full of smiles now. If she is awake (and happy, obviously), she is almost constantly smiling for one reason or another! It's really funny, because sometimes she'll be fussing, or even outright crying, and as soon as you walk over, she'll get a great big grin on her face.
So, in with my digging out the dining room table yesterday, I also got a dress cut out for Amelia for her birthday, a load of diapers washed and dried, two loads of darks dried and/or folded, and a load of baby things run... and I made a menu plan for the month. Now I just have to get the opportunity to bake and cook in relative bulk, and I will have everything we need for the full menu aside from a few fresh things, and probably some meat for the whole month. I haven't had quite as productive a day today as I had yesterday, but that's okay.
Justin's started working a part time job, as we need the extra money at the moment. I'm not sure that I like the hours he'll have to keep, but I'm glad he won't be working every night. He worked last night, will work tonight, and Thursday night, and he starts at 10, and last night didn't get home until after three in the morning, only to have to be up by 7:30 so he could leave at 8:45 for his appointment at 9. He's got to do the same again tonight, and then Thursday shouldn't be quite so bad, as he will need to leave at 10:30 instead, but even so... I think he's going to be completely exhausted, plus the fact that today he is running on about 4 hours of sleep concerns me... and tomorrow will probably be a combined total of 8 hours of sleep in two nights, which really concerns me.
Anyway, that's a bit of an update on things around here... and Rebecca is now awake, so I've got to go! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment