This is Rebecca hanging out with Justin after work. She's been pretty cuddly lately. Normally she wants to be bounced when she's in your arms (I think it's her whole purpose in being in someone's arms, really), but this past week she's been more content just sitting a lot of times, which is a LOT easier on the arm muscles. :)
Justin took this picture of Rebecca and me. It's really funny. In anyone else's arms, even in pictures, I always think she looks so big, but when it's a picture of her with me, I suddenly realize just how small she really is. Speaking of how small, I think she is 4oz short of 10 lbs now, which means she is maintaining the average growth rate of 1 lb 4 oz each month.
This is a picture of the "snow day". Doesn't it look like we needed a snow day for that?? The one or two miniscule flakes that are in that picture (no, I actually don't think there are any in that picture) closed the schools in the entire area. I was floored. We saw a handful (maybe) of snowflakes go drifting down, but nothing like the 1-2 inches they told us to be expecting!
This is my bird feeding station! We've got a pair of cardinals that come and visit every day. I hadn't realized what a pretty song cardinals have before! These ones are quite brave as well, as they will sit and watch me as I put food out for them, and just sit and watch Cinders if she is watching them. We have a flock of juncos which kind of freak me out on occasion now. They've taken to perching evenly spaced around our yard on the top of the fence with their wings just slightly spread, looking for the most part like teeny tiny vultures! We also have a few cardinals, some waterthrushes, sparrows, house wrens, and the occasional mourning dove that happen along.
She's actually smiling, and looking at the camera!! I worked SO hard to get this. I have about a dozen pictures from the same time that were other attempts at getting a picture of her smiling, but you really need a second person to take pictures when you are trying to get smiling pictures of a baby! Anyway, I'm somewhat happy with my success. :)
Here's Cinders going crazy in our back yard. Oh, and that scooter has a story... I think it belongs to the boy next door, but it showed up in our ditch one evening, and stayed there right through to the next late afternoon/evening, so we picked it up with the plan to wait for someone to come asking about it. Well... no one came asking, and the kid next door has a little motorized scooter now (as of Christmas), so I don't think he's too concerned about getting the non-motorized scooter back.
The next couple of pictures are of Rebecca having a knitting lesson... :) She sat on my lap for nearly 1/2 an hour while I worked on making her a pair of mittens. The mittens my mum made for her are too short for her fingers now! I needed to make her a longer pair, so as to keep them on her hands without her complaining about them restricting movement.
And... some pictures of Rebecca in a dress I wore when I was a baby. :) It was actually *almost* warm enough for her to wear it on its own, but I preferred to err on the side of "too warm" and put her in a onesie with the dress over top as a jumper instead of a dress on its own. Really, it's supposed to be a sun dress, but it worked fine as a jumper as well.
And, finally, it's Justin's 26th birthday today! Happy birthday to him!
Rebecca and I made him a cake with icing on it. We didn't have ice cream though. We made him a birthday supper of spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread as well... and just before Justin got home, Rebecca finally decided to *really* fall asleep for the first time since 4:15pm. Thankfully, she's only had about 2.5 hours of sleep today, so hopefully she'll actually sleep most of the night, and not be ready to get up at 5am tomorrow morning like she was this morning. :)
Yeah, I don't think Sabrina was exactly what Justin would have chosen. :) I didn't know it was his birthday! Happy belated birthday, Justin! (Hopefully you read Melissa's comments.)
ReplyDeleteThose pics of you teaching Rebecca to knit are darling.