Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She's Holding her Head Up

Obviously she's doing other things as well, but it was particularly exciting to me that Rebecca is holding her head up to look around now, as it means she can be on her tummy and still look at the camera. Anyway, I think there is a picture for every day since the last time I posted pictures on here. :)

This is Rebecca in the process of examining and manipulating this really cool rattle Granny gave her for Christmas. It is the first toy that has really caught and held her interest for more than just a minute or two, and as you can see, she's very focused on her task! It makes noise, has little bits of rubbery things on it, has ripples of plastic on it, has three moving rings, and every time you move it, it bends one way or another way. Seriously, if I was a baby, I'd like it too! Interestingly, the packaging said 6+ months on it, but my 2 month old likes it a lot, hehe...

This is Rebecca and Justin learning the art of making grilled cheese sandwiches. Yes, my child's home ec. lessons are starting very early.

I made chocolate chip cookies! From scratch. That was after discovering that Rebecca seems to be reacting when I eat coconut... The cookie dough we had sitting in the fridge for chocolate chip cookies (bought *ages* ago) said it may contain nuts on it, and she seemed to have a similar reaction after I had some of said dough, so apparently, assuming it *is* coconut she's reacting to, she's extremely sensitive to the stuff. Anyway... that's the inspiration for my making cookies... because I wanted cookies, and hadn't any in the house I could have.

Our birdies are relaxing after finally getting rid of all their babies! They're also reading our latest flyer pack. They get new interrior decorations weekly.

Proof my child is becoming more alert: she has a bald spot that starts above one ear, and goes all the way across to the other ear. She turns her head back and forth every time we put her down... or hold her, or anything. Basically, she's constantly looking around and at everything her eyes can find to look at! Anyway, aside from that very bald patch where her hair is like... 1/4 inch long, her hair is becoming much longer and fuller looking.

I don't remember what the look was about, but the picture amused me. She was in Justin's arms at the time, so he probably did something that startled her.

I love these next pictures... I'm not sure which of them is my favourite, but I was really impressed when she actually focused on the camera and everything! These are all very typical expressions on her face...



(This is my tentative favourite...)


And, finally, dark buut.... she kept looking all around to see what was on the floor around us, and just happened to glance up at me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment