I know, many of you are wishing you were rid of the snow by now. However, here, March came in with a bang... or "in like a lion" if you prefer! This is the first "real" snow I've seen since about 15 months ago when I left Canada for Virginia. Granted, it's only like two inches, but Justin and I really didn't think the prediction of snow was actually going to happen at all! When we went to bed last night, it was pouring rain, and we woke up to this:

That patch of black is the very icy road. Justin called in saying that he didn't feel it was safe to make the drive to work today, so he's home building me a closet this morning/afternoon.

My daffodil! Well... it hasn't flowered yet, but it will... eventually. I don't imagine the snow will help it bloom any faster though!

More of my daffodils! None of them have put out flower buds yet though. There are little hyacinth and crocus stems poking themselves out of the snow as well.

*sigh* My broccoli. I don't know if it is going to be any good after this. Just when it was almost big enough to pick and eat too... :-(

Rebecca got her first snow experience! Complete with being dumped out of her sled (oops!). She recovered nicely, as soon as the snow was off her face though... And, we didn't go that fast, at least when we were going in circles, after that.

Sitting in her sled...

So... what do you think of her $72 sled? Actually, it's just the box that contained $72 worth of stuff, but anyway... it worked pretty well, we thought!

Testing out that icy cold air!

Not really sure what she thought of it!

We went for a walk in that little sled over the ice and snow...

And we had rosy cheeks when we got home!
And, that's our morning in the snow... oh, and it's still snowing! I think perhaps the weather of the north has come south for a day!!
Anyway, other than that... I've been knitting for the church prayer shawl ministry, singing in the choir, looking after Rebecca, and sewing a dress for our niece. It was Amelia's birthday this past Thursday, and we gave her a pink dress with butterflies on it... and she LOVES it. She put it on right away, and decided she was going to wear it to school today... though I have a feeling that's not happening, as it is a snow day! Who knows, perhaps she is wearing it at home, or saving it for tomorrow or Wednesday (not sure when schools will go back after this!)
No comments:
Post a Comment