Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happenings... or lack thereof...

Okay, I think we have *possibly* figured out Rebecca's sleeping problem. I think she is a very heavy wetter at night, and because she wets so much through the night her clothing ends up wet after about 5-6 hours, and she's cold and uncomfortable. SO, we're going to get some bamboo doublers, and see if they make any difference at all! They're like $5 a piece, which isn't too bad since we probably only need to order four or so to make it through the 2-3 days before we wash diapers again. Anyway, bamboo is supposed to be extremely absorbent, and it is supposed to wick wetness away, so I figure it's a good possibility that it may fix our lack of sleep to at least a point. The worst that happens is we spend a bit of money and not have it work at all, but it is my suspicion that since I tried changing her diaper at 4:30 and then she didn't wake again until 8:00 this morning, we may just need to give her a dry diaper halfway through the night, or find a way to keep her drier at night... hence the bamboo. Hmm... I wonder if the fabric store would sell bamboo terry or something like that...

Hayley, you suggested that perhaps she is teething, and I would go for that idea, if she were fussing through the day as well as not sleeping, but she is rather happy all day lately... today being an exception, LOL... we're NOT having a good day, and I'm not sure why. I think maybe she's got an upset tummy, because she's been spitting up a lot since last night. Anyway, she's normally only fussy for the second half of the night most times (at which point we spend more time awake than asleep).

My mum found the Whisper pant from Bummies, I believe it is, and it looks so similar to what we are using, so we'll probably be getting those. I am really starting to like the looks of the Motherease original one-size system, though I like what we are using right now as well. The only thing is, I don't think my baby is going to toilet train before she outgrows the diapers we have for her, and so I need to find some diapers for her to go into, otherwise we'll be back to flat diapering (not that that is a problem, as I am becoming rather adept at doing that... Justin just isn't as good at using them!). Perhaps we'll look at it for the next one... maybe. The more I use the fitted diapers the more I think the flats are more convenient. Perhaps I'll just see if I can track down an airflow cover somewhere that I can either borrow or have, and test those out and see if I like them on Rebecca. This is the one part of cloth diapers that I don't like!!

We have been having cool weather lately, after those nice warm days a couple of weeks back, but we have officially started the season of necessary lawn cutting! Justin cut the lawn for the first time this past weekend. Well, the front lawn, anyway. The back lawn needs a little work before we cut it. (Mainly picking up branches and such from the wind blowing things down). Now, the cool weather has not stopped the robins from starting their nests. We got up one morning, only to discover that a robin was attempting to build a nest on our lamp over the back door. Well, that wasn't working so well, so then it must have decided that our mail box looked to be a better candidate. That failed when we discovered the beginnings of the nest and got rid of it. However, Justin had some sympathy for it, and asked me about how big a space a robin needs to build a nest, and he mounted a ledge under the covering of our front porch, so now we have a robin's nest there. But, that's not all. Not only do we have a nest there, but I noticed a couple of robins coming and going a lot in our back yard, and sure enough, there is a second nest on our property. At least these birds were a little more intelligent, and they built theirs in the willow tree. But, those two nests along with our finches inside is going to create a VERY noisy yard and house!

I got our back entry tidied up quite a bit today, as well as the bathroom and cleaned the bathroom. The livingroom and dining room are my cleaning tasks for tomorrow (livingroom will be easy, diningroom will be more of a task, as I still haven't got everything organized in there!). I'm trying to devise a system of keeping track of the things that need to get done on a given day, but haven't succeeded yet. I'm currently thinking that if I put everything on index cards, and get a file box and put days of the week, numbers of the month, names of the months, etc I may actually keep it figured out, and it would be tidy and easy to keep. I don't know though. Hmm... anyone have ideas on that one? I like to make things into little jobs that one can do in 5-10 minute stints at the moment, because that's often all the time I have at any given time with Rebecca, though she is becoming much easier to occupy (and she is starting to love riding on my back in the mei tai while I work!).

And, I have some pictures, but haven't the time at the moment to get them up. I need to get Rebecca ready to go to the church for choir practise! I'll try to get them up this week, though it seems that any time I say something like that I never get a chance to do whatever it was until the following week or even later. But, I am going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment