Saturday, March 21, 2009

AAAACK! Calling Cloth Diaperers!!

Wellll... we've got a problem. I went to order the next size of the covers we've been *really* happy with, and discovered they are no longer carried in the location that we ordered them from last time. SO... now I have to either find their equivalent elsewhere (if anyone knows where to get nylon pull-on covers, PLEASE tell me!!!), or we have to select new covers for the next sizes. *sigh* And I liked the covers we're using, too!

SO... what do I want in a cover?? here's my list:

1) Doesn't leak the poop. This is my NUMBER ONE (ie, most important) REQUIREMENT. My baby apparently has really skinny legs, because we are nearing the end of the size of cover she's in, and I had to stitch the legs so they were tight enough to not have gaps. There is still one stitch in each leg hole, even though we are near the end of these covers. So, I need a cover that works for skinny-legged babies.

2) Really easy to use, so there are no learning curves for me... OR for Justin. I'd prefer to avoid velcro, if possible, because I often forget to attach the sticky tabs to their soft counterparts when washing, and Justin pretty well ALWAYS forgets. Please only recommend things that do NOT involve velcros. This was a big benefit to the nylon pants, because they were easily used, and easily removed, with no need to learn to do anything, except to be sure that the cover was covering the whole diaper (yeah... that was an initial oops, LOL).

3) We need VERY cost effective. We paid $15 for three, so I would prefer to not go beyond that much if at all possible. We like to function with six (actually, there are days I think we need ten, hehe), but if we absolutely have to we can make do with fewer...

And... if I have to knit soakers... somebody please tell me how in the world they work (they seem to be rather thin...), if they really do work, and how to care for them (ie, washing and felting and all that)!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry--can't really help you out there! I am tired of paying for pampers, so I hope Grant potty trains himself soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... you could always switch to cloth... lots of times the cloth diapered babies will train earlier, because they don't like the feel of the wetness...

    ReplyDelete