Monday, December 8, 2008

Having Some Fun

Yesterday afternoon after church, Justin was holding Rebecca, and she kept tipping herself backward quite forcefully, so he would let her flip upside down, and then turn her right side up again and seat her on his lap. She really seems to have enjoyed it, because she was doing the same thing with me today! It kept her occupied for about 1/2 an hour yesterday afternoon as well, which was quite nice. :)




Rebecca got thrush, so we spent this weekend trying to take care of that. Hopefully we're done and it won't return, but I guess we'll know by the end of this week. Anyway, the first treatment normally recommended is this stuff called gentian violet, which stains *everything* purple! I took some pictures of Rebecca with her purple lips... these are probably some of those pictures that people hope won't be shown at their wedding reception, hehe...



And, Rebecca has now met and had quite the discussion with her teddy bear "Ebeneezer" (?) from Granny! She talked to it for about 10 minutes, and kept rubbing it with her fingers. I guess that means he is a hit with her!


I decided to introduce the world of toys to her... I hadn't realized how many toys we had for her until I looked at her blanket! But, she enjoyed looking around at them all, and as already was mentioned, she talked to the teddy for a while. She also talked to her pink flower, which she generally has a few discussions with daily. I guess she likes the bright colours or something.


2 comments:

  1. Poor purple mouth! I hope she doesn't get it again, but for me it was a nightmare. Amy had it pretty much constantly till I stopped nursing, and Aaron was the same...and I've tried gentian violet and then went to the doc nothing seemed to really get rid of it permanently. Ah well, I should be glad I didn't quit nursing because of it, because it was extremely painful for me (I can't count how many times I was in tears because of the pain) with Amy better with Aaron tho. So...yes, I really hope you have no more problems with that! :) BTW, was she really forcing herself backwards?! Seems to me quite smart and young of her to be doing so lol, but cute! She'll bring lots of joy to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she really was forcing herself backwards! I actually told Justin off, thinking that her neck wasn't strong enough to be flipping around like that, and he told me that he wasn't the one doing it... so I watched, and sure enough, it was her! She's taken to trying to crawl with her head firmly planted on the floor when she is on her belly as well... yeah... a few things are beyond anything the typical 4 week old should be doing, LOL... :)

    ReplyDelete