No, we don't use the Signing Time DVD's, but we do spend time doing ASL practise every day. Rebecca has a nice little vocabulary of signs, and I was told by the instructor of the ASL class I attend that she is doing extremely well with signing, both for her age in general and more especially for a hearing child of her age. She told me to keep up the good work, and said that it doesn't matter if she doesn't sign things properly, because just like with a spoken language where there are easy and hard words, ASL has easy and hard signs. Just keep signing the correct way to her, and eventually she'll change her 'baby' sign for the correct ones.
So... I thought I would show you all some of Rebecca's signs. :)
In addition to the ones on this video she also knows: more, hat, shoes, ball, banana, bath, bed (which she refuses to do because she doesn't like going to bed, lol), and a whole pile of others that currently escape my mind!
No comments:
Post a Comment