Well, that's what the counter thingy says. Me? I say the baby can just keep staying in there for a while yet. It's kind of funny, everyone around us is asking if there's any sign the baby is coming soon, if we're all ready, and basically displaying their anxiousness for this little one to be born, and I'm perfectly happy for it to not be born for another week or two. Maybe even three weeks! Yes, we're all ready for it (as much as one can be!), but signs the baby is coming soon? Umm... like... the head being engaged? That'd be about it. And, the really *big* drop of the baby only happened a little over a week ago, and with first pregnancies it often is two or three weeks before labour happens from that drop, so I'm not expecting much this week, lol. I do need to go looking for some Evening Primerose Oil capsule thingies, as I was told to start taking some of those every day, so perhaps I will do that today when I take some things to the post office.
While we wait for the baby to come, I have things I can get done. Like cleaning up the frog for my parents to stay in. It needs the bathroom to be thoroughly cleaned, as I haven't had the chance to get to that one since moving in. I also need to clean our main bathroom, as it hasn't been done in a little while (not nearly so scary as the frog bathroom though!). And organizing our bedroom so the baby will actually fit (LOL). Dishes and laundry of course are necessities, and currently I have a load of laundry in the dryer, and will have a load in the washer quite shortly... and then another load for the washer, that third load is going out onto the line though (it's waaayyy too nice today to use the dryer for all of the laundry!!). I've got winter wardrobes to put into the closet and summer wardrobes to put away. It's finally starting to feel halfway like fall in the mornings, but by mid day it is still quite warm, so I'm a little hesitant to change the clothing over already... but if I don't, it will never happen!
I should probably also figure out what to make for supper... I was thinking beans and rice last night, but I never got a chance to soak the beans last night, so that might have to wait until tomorrow. I ended up falling asleep really early. Of course, considering last night was the most sleep I've had in a night for seven days, somehow I doubt it was a bad thing for me to be asleep! Justin wasn't overly appreciative of the 7:15 wake up, but that is also better than the times I've been waking him in the past week! We've had wake up times ranging from 4:30 to 7:00 all last week.
We cleaned all of the kids' stuff out of the frog and our house yesterday, because they are no longer coming here each day. Their mother and grandparents decided to put them in the Christian school down the road instead. We'll probably still find a few things of theirs as we go along for a few weeks (in fact, I KNOW there are still a few things of theirs here!), but the majority is gone. Now I just have to tidy up the few manipulatives and teaching aids that belonged to me, and the frog will be completely cleaned of school stuff, and I will be able to organize it to be a guest room. We even happened to find frog face cloths, towels, and a bath/shower mat to put into the frog bathroom! The only annoying thing about them, to me, at least, is the butterflies on the facecloths are not the same colour as the butterflies on the bath towels, but I don't suppose that is really much of a problem... right? Now we just have to find a shower curtain, soap dish, and toothbrush holder! Of course, seeing as it has taken us... two months? to find the towels, it could very well take us that long again to find the other things. :-)
The baby birds are still thriving. We're expecting to see at least the oldest one attempt using its wings sometime this week. It's nearly the size of its 'parents' so that should mean it is about time to fly, we think! The other babies are getting their feathers and starting to look more and more like real birds, which is quite exciting! We're enjoying watching their development, though the bigger they get the louder they get as well! Last night we enjoyed terrorizing Bamboo (the father), while we turned out the lights and caught him so we could actually hold him. He's soooo tiny under all those feathers, it's like trying to hold on to a squirmy little twig or something! Perhaps we'll be able to get the babies to tame a little better than their parents did.
No comments:
Post a Comment