Saturday, November 1, 2008

My due date has come and gone...

...and there is still no baby. Maybe this weekend? Maybe next weekend? We'll see. Regardless, no, there is no baby here... yet. Actually, tonight probably would NOT be a good night to be having the baby, as we were just informed that there is going to be a party across the road this evening (to which we are welcome to come... food, drinks... ie, alcohol...). There wouldn't be any parking down at this end!

We're going to try importing my car today so we can *hopefully* get VA license plates on it also today! We'll see. If we can get all that done today we'll be doing well, seeing as it is going to be at least 1 before we even manage to get to a Homeland Security office at this point! I'm kind of tempted to get one of those lovely homeschooling license plates that they have here. I like the "Kids First" ones because of the hand prints, but I don't like the message behind the phrase, because while kids are important, they definitely don't necessarily "come first". *sigh* Oh, and while we're getting things for my car, we should probably be getting a "baby on board" sign, hehe. We still haven't got one of those!

The first of our five baby birds took flight yesterday. It flew 20 feet (yes, it was out of the cage). It's very cute, about 2 inches long from the tip of its beak to the tip of its tail. It's quite friendly thus far as well. We're going to try to keep it this tame, as right now it is very easy to catch, and it would be nice to have hand-tame baby birds around! The other babies should start taking flight next weekend.

Anyway, we're about to head off, Justin's had a man here taking a look at his old red truck. We're looking into the possibility of a trade, whether straight trade or trade with minimal expense to us involved. Even if they would knock $1,000 off the price of one of the cars we saw, we'd be able to *probably* swing it. The car *I* like is $1,400, so if we could pay $400 for the car it would be good, I think. :-)

5 comments:

  1. at least the baby won't be a Oct 31st baby! since you didn't want that at least you got that wish! :) Hope your doing okay, and not getting too anxious for the baby to get out! It was pretty bad with Aaron for me...but in the end I was only a week and one day over but Amy was 2 weeks early so I was expecting it to be earlier...ach well I know a little better now! I hope.

    Ev xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed! Now I just am wanting the baby born before my parents get here! (Which considering they're getting here two weeks after the due date it should be..????)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah well, when did your mommy have you and your sis? I kind of went by that with Aaron at least, and I was just like her. But of course we can be so different...ho hum, so the wait is on for you. Just try not to get stressed too much and if you have a freezer heehee, start baking and cooking lots cause I found it wonderful after Aaron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum had me late according to the doctor and on time according to her, and Shannon was right on time according to them both. I guess she's not much help, lol!

    I've got a few things put away at the moment, need to make more to put away so that Mum doesn't need to do too much, and Justin won't have to cook (now THAT would be scary!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are going past your due date...I pray all is well!

    ReplyDelete