Well, we finally have a pair of size 3 sneakers for Rebecca, courtesy (indirectly, I think) of Jenn. My mum and sister sent them down. So, Rebecca finally has a pair that fit! They're actually just a little on the big side, but sure look a lot sturdier than the only pair of size 2's we'd been given here. They also sent a cute little pair of Sunday/dress shoes down, and every single person at church that saw them commented on how cute they were, and we're still getting comments, lol. :-)
And, since we're now putting shoes on her feet when we're going places, she's also wearing socks more often. I'm seeing more and more what grips on the bottoms of socks are for. She's really not very good at staying upright in slippery socks on a wood floor! Of course, she wasn't doing so well in the balance department all day today. I'm starting to wonder about excess fluid... or potentially an infection? in her ear, perhaps, since she's been tugging at her ears a lot in the last couple of days, and has been fussy two nights in a row... she doesn't seem to be in pain though, so I don't know. And then, to make things that much better, we have no idea what our niece has, and so don't know if it is airborne or anything at all about how it spreads... and our neighbour's baby had pink eye on Saturday, and was playing with Rebecca on Sunday... and then they finally mentioned it to me today. *sigh* So, I'm hoping we kept Rebecca far enough away from our niece and anything potentially contaminated over the weekend, and that she won't have picked up pink eye from the neighbour's kid.
In with the two pairs of shoes, was a bucket of snap beads, which Rebecca gets a kick out of removing from the bucket... and then she spends time putting the lid back on... and taking it off... and putting it on... and taking it off... it seems to be a fun "game" to her! She hasn't quite figured out how to put the beads together into chains, but she's discovered that I am quite effective as a tool to use in the putting together of these things, so when she gets the beads out we sit on the floor for about 10 minutes as I put them together and she takes them apart, over, and over, and over again. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment