Thursday, April 30, 2009

On Our Way Home Shortly

Rebecca and I have been having a wonderful visit to Halifax for nearly two weeks now. We'll be heading home very early in the morning on Saturday morning. I'm a little nervous about getting through customs in Toronto, as we have exactly 1 hour and 12 minutes to pull it off between flights. Of course, we also need to count the walking to the customs area, and walking from there to our next flight, plus getting on and off the planes... so really I think we have more like 20 minutes?!?! Rather nerve wracking, really.

We went to visit some friends in P.E.I. last Thursday, have been to church a couple of times, of course, we took Rebecca to meet an old family friend and her family last Tuesday, Rebecca and I went to visit Madison (2 year old) and Jenn on Monday, and we went to visit the Schelews' (my old employers) last night. I think Rebecca is starting to get "peopled" out, seeing as she's met over a hundred new people since we got here! But, now we have less than two days left here, so she should be happy to see all the familiar faces when we get home!

Rebecca has grown incredibly since we got here. I think she's basically put on about one full pound! She's also developing intellectually very quickly, functioning for all intents and purposes at about an 8 or 9 month level instead of her "almost 6 month" age level. It's quite impressive, really, though it is sometimes becoming hard to entertain her, lol. We're coming home with a TON of stuff for her, both toys, books, and clothing. Mainly clothing though. We were given many things both new and second hand, and one family has decided to start a "baby Rebecca" box for us, since we plan to be up here at least annually, we'll even be able to pick the stuff up each time we're visiting. :-)

Anyway, there's a quick little update, and I'll have some pictures when we get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment