Last Monday Justin decided to have a Freezie/Icy Pop/Otto Pop/whateveryoucallit, and he was holding Rebecca. Rebecca was just fascinated by the bright yellow thing hanging out of Daddy's mouth, and thought she should get to share, but try as she might, she couldn't manage to get Daddy to share. So, she gave up on getting some of the good end. Instead, she started playing with the sealed end, and decided to copy Daddy, by putting it into her mouth (no assistance from Mummy or Daddy on any of these pictures)! So, here they are sharing a freezie.
Rebecca has also started really sucking her thumb recently, and it is rather cute. If she's watching something, it is normally one of her two index fingers that she is chewing on, but if she really wants to suck, she's got her thumb in her mouth.
And, a bath time. She is becoming more and more fun at bath times, and on this particular evening (Thursday last week, I believe) Daddy grabbed the camera and Rebecca was having a chat with him about her wonderful bath.
I believe we are on the last day of cloth diapers before the trip to Halifax. I didn't want to have to panic over getting diapers washed on Friday before we leave here at 7am Saturday morning, so I thought we would wash the diapers and get them all clean and done tomorrow. That will mean an extra three days in disposables (oh horrors...) but it will make my life easier with regard to getting the dirty diapers washed.
I'm also trying to recreate our bedtime routine, because we are failing miserably at having one again. *sigh* Now I'm thinking we're going to try taking a nice walk in the evening, then coming home and reading a story, then having a bath, then eating and going to sleep with some quiet music playing. It seemed to work pretty well last night, except that Rebecca expected Daddy to be here before she went to sleep (this is the one glitch in the plan). I'm kind of dreading that part of her ideal time to go to sleep when we're in Halifax, as she thinks that she has to see Daddy before she sleeps for the night. This could make for some very wakeful nights up there!
And, I need to go so I can get some things done, and check on Rebecca (she was asleep on our bed last I checked, and I don't want her "crawling"/rolling off!!).
I love, love, love the freezer pop photos. :) She is such a healthy little chunk of sweetness and beauty. :) My sister's babies are always adorned with little rolls. :)
ReplyDeleteMy children are in love with daddy and they can't stand to go to bed if he is not home...it has always been a glitch in our bedtime as well.