Monday, July 21, 2008

Work We're Doing

Justin and I spent our weekend tearing out the corners in the brown bedroom and re-mudding them. one of them had been done entirely wrong. I don't think there are many people who can claim to have mudded a wall using handfuls of mud, but I am a person who can make that claim, due to the size of crack in the corner that was done so badly. It's quite amazing that rooms that are not nearly finished and ready to paint can look so much better, especially considering how many white patches are all over the walls right now, but it really does look quite good. I think (hopefully) in the blue room, all that needs to happen now is for it to have its final sanding and it should be ready to paint, which would be nice! The brown room... we have no idea how long that mud is going to take to dry. Probably a week at least. Anyway, after that, it needs sanding, and then probably some more work in the two corners we needed to mud, but then it will be ready to paint as well. Thankfully the other four rooms that we need to work on do not have corners with such major issues!

On Saturday night we were there quite late in the evening, and arrived just in time to disturb (and frighten away) a small brown rabbit that was feasting on some plant or another that is growing on the driveway. We then found two toads in the garden! That's a good thing to have in the garden, so we'll be seeing what we can do to make our garden a little more toad friendly. Then, as I was taking a walk around the yard, I nearly stepped on a small dark shiny creature, which I discovered was a frog when I finally managed to get my hands on it long enough to get it into the light. In our searching, we found that the most likely candidate for what species of frog it is, is some sort of a chorus frog, but seeing as there are three different ones we get in Virginia, and even five of the same one can have completely different markings and colourings, I don't think we'll ever know exactly what kind it is!

Oh yes, and we mustn't forget my *very* small garden that I am working on. I have a whole bunch of pepper and tomato plants, some cantaloupe, and some watermelon plants all growing! I'm looking forward to being able to transplant these gorgeous plants, as they do seem to be thriving quite well. If I recall correctly, you're supposed to wait until your plant has at least four real leaves before transplanting, so I guess I have a couple of weeks to wait. The tomatoes and cantaloupe are just starting to put out their first real leaves, and the watermelon and peppers have really just started growing in the last few days, so they'll be a little slower.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have A LOT on your plate! Hope your midwives are reminding you not to do "too" much and all the other suggestions they give! I think your house will look very cute once your through with all the painting and such!

    Love,
    Ev xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're just shaking their heads at everything that is going on right now, lol. Quite honestly, they're probably amazed my blood pressure is as low as it is with everything that's been going on! :-)

    ReplyDelete