...prenatal appointment outcome for today...
I am currently 26 weeks, 4 days
b/p: 120/80
pulse: 80
weight: back to maintaining what I had maintained for the last 6 months, lol.... I think they were relieved I hadn't lost anything!! I'm not sure why I gained the weight back... I haven't eaten any differently than I have been. Perhaps I had more water in me, perhaps their scale was slightly off last time. Whatever, it's back up, which is GOOD.
fundal height: 26 cm... a little small for 26 1/2 weeks, but essentially perfect for where it is supposed to be anyway.
fht (fetal heart tones... which is actually rate in my case, because they don't use a doppler to measure for me): 130's range
They did my glucose screening (ie, for gestational diabetes) and my hemoglobin testing thing...
hemoglobin: 10.8 that's a little low, so I've been told to find molasses that says at least 20% iron on it, and have a couple of tablespoons of that every day, because they want it up near 12, and the iron in molasses is apparently highly absorbable. There's a little home remedy for anyone struggling with low iron, lol.
glucose: 81 I'm told that is a perfect measurement for the conditions under which they took my sugars (fasting-- hadn't eaten in 3 hours, hadn't had anything to drink other than water in the same amount of time)
So, all in all, everything is essentially "perfect". They're not even too concerned about the iron, just want me to find something to boost it up a little, which if I can find the molasses to do it, I should be able to do just fine. :-)
good news is good news! thats great Melissa!
ReplyDeleteYes, I thought it was quite a wonderful appointment! How relieving to have everything be okay for once, lol! :-)
ReplyDelete