We met with the immigration lawyer on Friday, and he gave us a whole pile of information, and basically said "don't you dare leave the country, because it will be harder to get you back in once you're out of the country." So... basically, I'm now trapped in the USA instead of Canada, lol. We haven't submitted all the paperwork yet, because we need statements of accounts for a number of different things (internet, electrical, medical insurance, lease...), and we need the medical to be completed. They are being a little sticky with the lease though, so please pray they will get things figured out. We even told them a letter stating that they have known I was here since December would be fine (which they did know, because we registered my plate with them in December), but they aren't even necessarily willing to give us THAT! ARGH!!
When we submit the papers, we'll be submitting an application for travel papers, and for work papers, both of which will last until I have my official green card. I should be able to have those by mid-May (we hope!) at which point I need to head up to Nova Scotia to renew a few things to do with my car, lol. Maybe we'll be able to do a trip over the Memorial Day weekend, seeing as Justin gets that day off so it would be one less day he used up of his vacation time.
The medical has gone perfectly so far, as there were no problems with the physical (as by law the doctor is required to counsel for any problems he finds), and the TB test is clean (we're past 48 hours, before 72 hours, and there's no reaction at all... you can hardly even tell where it was to start with). I need blood work, and probably a tetanus shot, and that should be it... and then I have my "perfect" medical. I have to go back to the doctor on Wednesday for the completion of the medical.
On Friday, after we'd been to see the doctor, we stopped off to see a bit of Yorktown (I think that's how you spell it). We took a few pictures outdoors, though it was getting dark by the time we were getting there (it was about 5:30, so close to sunset).
We found a little restaurant that smelled sooooooo good we just had to stop. Considering it was supper time, it wasn't exactly unreasonable to be stopping anyway. So, we notified of allergies, and ordered our food. The food tasted GREAT! The only thing is, within fifteen minutes of finishing, I was having an allergic reaction to something. So, notifying of the allergy, and even the waitress guaranteeing that there wasn't any of the allergen in the food, did not prevent the allergen from being in the food. How ANNOYING! I don't think we'll be going back there, as they apparently don't know how to deal with allergies.
We are still enjoying the church we found, though I don't know about the Sunday school class. I think we might try out the "old people's" class, because the "young adults" class isn't really something we find particularly great. If we don't like that one either, we'll just go with attending church. Too bad the church doesn't have evening services as well... it would be nice to have a Sunday evening service to attend... We have been impressed by the number of children and youth this little church has (well, the building is large-- the congregation is rather average in size though). I think this past Sunday there were about twenty children, and another twelve or so youth (18 and under) in attendance, and they all love to be there! It's so nice to see people enjoying the fact they are in church, especially the young people.
We made a trip up to the beach yesterday after church, but it was so windy that I didn't want to get sand in my camera by taking pictures! It's supposed to be rainy and cool for the next few days, so I suppose I'll be staying away from the beach for a little while. Maybe I can make another trip up there next week. I'm so glad there's a nice beach only ten minutes or so away from us!
And... other than all that... I've got courses finishing at the beginning of next week, so I suppose I'll be working like crazy trying to get this course work all done! I'm almost done everything, but it is always stressful not being completely finished this close to the deadline.
No comments:
Post a Comment