Well, I've encountered small cockroaches, large cockroaches, and everything in between now. I've even encountered one that was almost two inches long, a species more common to Florida than Virginia, generally known as a "Palmetto Bug" instead of a cockroach (though they are one and the same!). But, I do think last night takes the prize.
"Why," you might ask? Well, because last night, there was a cockroach in our BED. Yes, that's right, our BED. Not simply "in the bedroom" or even simpler "in the house" (bathroom and kitchen are common places to find these creatures). Of course, it couldn't just be one of the itty bitty ones that I don't MIND picking up and tossing out the door. It had to be one of the inch and a half versions! As soon as I moved the pillows around, that little bug ran under the blankets, and then when I uncovered him under there, he ran straight across the bed, along the edge of the mattress, onto the dresser, and then onto the back of the backboard of our bed! YUCK!
Thankfully I didn't have any nightmares about cockroaches sleeping with me, but it sure took me a while to fall asleep last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment