Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Time Has Run Away!


Well, part of the issue is simply that I rarely use the computer anymore. I do most of my browsing on my phone, partly because we really haven't got a good place to keep the computer accessible, and partly because that way I can grab a few minutes here and there instead of trying to sit down for any real amount of time.

Many, many, many things have happened since I last posted, and I'm going to have to do a lot of updating around the blog.

Rebecca is on the verge of reading (sometimes I really do think she already does), and halfway through the preschool curriculum we have for her. She is in a gymnastics class which she absolutely loves, and participates in the preschool choir, missions group, and Cubbies (AWANA) at church. She is very active and often too smart for her own good. Always my challenge, still.

Elias is almost THREE! How did my baby boy get so big? He is just as rough and tumble as always, and is currently challenging everything I request of him. We are working on this. I need to make more time for him with me, I think. It is hard with the baby in the house! He has a pet fish named Peacock (a blue beta fish) and loves to watch his creature every day. :)

Esther, our new addition, is growing like a little weed. She is nearly ready to sit alone, at 4.5 months. She started rolling to get places last week, so we are scrambling to baby-proof. I thought we had a little more time before it would be necessary! At least we haven't too much we need to get out of her reach, and she doesn't have much of a reach. Yet. At her most recent check-up (almost two weeks ago) she was 12lbs 7oz (4lb 3oz gain over birth), and 23.5". The doctor informs me this is around the 25th percentile and that she is growing just fine. Good thing. He mentioned that I ought to start solids with her by 6 months for reasons that made no sense to me, so we will simply introduce when I'm good and ready, just like with the other two... we might wait until 12 months, as we did with Elias since introducing to him prior to that was completely unsuccessful. :)

I'm currently working on finding the balance of house, baby, kids, schooling (mine and the children), etc, etc, etc. Many days feel very stressful, both for me, and I think the children as well. Someday perhaps we will have things more organized. I can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment