Justin got the play mat out for her about a month ago, when she started really being interested in doing something other than ride in my Moby Wrap. She had previously essentially lived in the Moby all the time I was awake unless she was nursing. Even to sleep. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to carry her for her entire first year. Apparently not. She now likes to roll around on the floor a bit every once in a while. She does still prefer to be up, however, so I spend a good deal of my day with her attached to me one way or another.
Elias absolutely adores his baby sister. In fact, I'm pretty sure he thinks she is actually his. Not mine. Hmmm. At least he loves her! We are trying to cultivate it into a protective big brother type of love, and we seem to be succeeding. He's very concerned when others hold her, and repeatedly makes sure that we are indeed going to either keep her at home, or take her home with us. He's been to the point of tears over the fact that someone was holding her, because he thought we weren't going to have her anymore! Oh the big emotions of small two year olds! :)
She is our sweetie pie, and is generally very easy going (though you wouldn't know it with the teething she keeps doing. Oh the shrieks!!). She is very much her Mummy's baby, and still prefers Mummy over everyone, but is beginning to tolerate time with siblings and Daddy much better. She's very contemplative, and I'm going to hope she is my first child to not get into mischief when she gets to be on the go, as I already have two mischievous children to deal with! It's probably too much to hope. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment