Apparently it's been a really long time since I put anything here. Wow. I obviously wasn't keeping up with this as much as I usually like to.
Let's see...
Elias started walking in June, he's signing a lot of words, he says one word-- Amen. He loves bananas, but has a great appetite for nearly any food other than that as well.
Rebecca is working on the ABeka N3 program. She loves having her "homeschool" as she calls it, though she keeps asking to ride the bus. I think the bus is more interesting to her than going to school, because the things we do at home seem to keep her satisfied.
July and August were busy, mostly with playing outdoors.
In September we started Rebecca's Nursery for 3's program. We worked on learning about colours, our bodies, and shapes. We've just finished up the study of shapes today. Next week we start learning about the letter A, and a few things that begin with a's (alligators, apples, ants, astronauts, and Africa). We'll continue in this fashion covering all the letters of the alphabet, and having review weeks every 6 weeks or so. The hope is that by the end of this school year she just MIGHT be able to recognize all the letters of the alphabet. :)
We made a trip to Canada to visit my family this month, spending 2 weeks there, and basically a week on the road. Prior to this trip, my mum came down to help us out a little around the house, and brought my niece with her. It was quite the drive north with three toddlers in the back seat! Rebecca and Mara argued with each other almost the entire drive up. Thankfully by the time we were getting ready to drive south again they were (mostly) getting along.
Anyway, I think that's all the news... we're not particularly exciting around her lately. Plus, there's a lot to tell in five months of things. But, I'm going to try to get back to this! Right now I'm working on putting pictures from Disney World up... probably by the end of today. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment