Elias Malachi was born at home on June 20 at 6:15pm. He was 20.5 inches, 8lbs 14.9oz, and had a 14.25 inch head. We transported to the hospital a mere 15 minutes later due to hemorrhaging, and got home the following afternoon. :)
We're all sitting around relaxing, though Justin went back to work yesterday. Mum is here helping out a LOT. Considering how things went, it's definitely a good thing he was so late-- we need the help!
He is here and I am so happy! So glad your mama is there to help out. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteGranny would like to see some with mom in them....
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad someone gave you little boy clothes! And I love the pic of you kissing Rebecca...very sweet! Glad your doing well! (Can't help but be curious how your homebirth went...) xx
ReplyDeleteEv, the homebirth went great-- I'd had NO signs of labour coming at all until the 18th when I started losing big pieces of plug, which continued through the Saturday. Around midnight Saturday night I started having contractions that were absolutely irregular, but they started to become timeable as the morning went on. Around 2 our midwife came over to check me, I'd reached 4cm, and 4 hours later Elias was born... so effectively only 4 hours of 'active labour'! Elias was born with a nuchal cord that was SO short that it couldn't come over his head before he was born. His heart rate dropped REALLY low and didn't come up and they basically said I HAD to have the baby right then... so it took 5 mins of pushing, and he came out TOTALLY blue. Scored either 9 & 10 or 10 & 10 on the apgars though, so I guess he pinked up super fast (considering he was SCREAMING when he came out, that makes sense!).
ReplyDeleteI hemorrhaged quite badly after he was born (they figure I lost about 2000cc's of blood), so we transported to the hospital since midwives AND EMTs in VA aren't allowed to carry pitocin. All it really took to stop the hemorrhaging was a shot of pitocin! So, I've done a lot of research on postpartum hemorrhaging to see if there is anything we can do to prevent (hopefully) the problem next time, and having found a large quantity of information we'll plan a homebirth again the next time, and make use of that information, lol.