Monday, January 4, 2010

Night Diapering Adventures

Well, Rebecca has suddenly started wetting through literally everything. To the point that we started having to do at least one, if not two changes in the middle of the night, often including her sleeper!, even with a doubler in the diapers, and even last night, she had a really good thick doubler in her diaper and she wet through and had a wet patch on either leg this morning. We decided we had to do something in order to keep her dry at night, since most nights she's wetting that heavily, and figured our best bet was going to be to find a cloth diaper with a really high absorbency level.

So... after spending a few days looking into diapers and absorbencies and such, I found that bamboo is usually one of the most absorbent available fabric for diapers... and Motherease not only makes a bamboo (one size) diaper, but it is thinner, and thus less bulky, than their cotton ones! Hey, we were wanting something that was going to last from now till whenever she trained (hence one size), something highly absorbent, and something that wasn't going to be *too* super bulky on her, since she's still so small, and they totally have what we need! So... I ordered their little starter package in bamboo rather than cotton, with extra liners to go with the three diapers that 'wouldn't' have liners. Hopefully she can't manage to wet through a 20oz absorbency (which is the combined absorbency level of their diaper and snap in liner)! I have high hopes, perhaps?!

Anyway, everything I'm reading says that these diapers on their own hold at least as much as disposable diapers, if not more, when it comes to fluid, so perhaps we'll have dry mornings now since we'll be putting in the doubling liners! Now we just await the arrival of our new diapers. They were more expensive than just cotton (of course), but not to the point that they were completely out of our price range, and we're figuring that if keeping her 'dryer' will help her sleep through the night (which seems to be the case as last night she really DID sleep a straight 8 hours!!), it's worth the money in order to have more restful nights for me. :)

Rebecca also has an interest in actually doing things like crafts, colouring, reading, etc in a more organized fashion, so I've been coming up with a few activities for her to do each day, based around (currently) a farm theme. She got a book that is a collection of stories about baby animals, and the first one takes place on a farm. :) So, we have a couple of farm animals to colour, a couple of farm animals to build (one is just a paper craft, one is a paper bag puppet, which I'm sure she's going to love, lol), and then a few other odds and ends as well. It's great, because it keeps her busy without her getting into trouble! :)

Today we glued little flat marbles onto a 'mosaic' picture frame, and wrote out her grandma's birthday card (hand-over-hand). Tomorrow I suppose I'll put the grouting onto the frame, and then Wednesday I'll stick the backing on the frame... and then get the picture intended for the frame printed on Friday, probably.

I've offered to do some knitting for a lady whose daughter is expecting in March, and I know she had a number of things she wanted to make for the baby, but she broke her wrist yesterday morning, and it's bad enough that they may even need to put pins or a rod into it! So anyway, I doubt she's going to be able to do much knitting between now and when the baby arrives, and since that's something I can do to help out, perhaps she'll take me up on it. Of course, I don't want to take away from her being able to do something special for the baby either, so hopefully she won't feel that I am offering to do that to her!

Other than that... I'm just working on tidying things up around the house today, for the most part. Oh, and I have a prenatal appointment that is apparently happening at *my* house tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment