Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm starting out the new year right... with a post on a blog I rarely, if ever, use!

Justin gave me a wonderful gift last week... well, almost two weeks ago now! It was a Canon Rebel XTi, which I have been enjoying immensely! I like taking pictures, and seeing just how good they can turn out (or badly, when you get the settings wrong, lol!) I've got some gorgeous pictures of the beach... and of him, and of the kids, and then of course, I have some not so gorgeous ones... like the one I tried to take of the pelicans that turned out quite blanked out because I had the exposure set too high and the shutter speed WAY too low! They look like two little dots in the middle of white waves!

We've had some nice times over the "holiday season" and are enjoying another of Justin's days off. Some of my favourite times have been the times I've spent with my niece and nephew! They're so adorable! I can't wait until Justin and I have one of our own! It will be such fun to have a little one around (and a lot less boring here when he is at work!!). Though I have to say that I miss Canada and it's snowy winters and beautiful landscapes, I also have to say that I very much am starting to love this part of Virginia. I can't say that I like the city aspect of it, but there are such beautiful places thrown in amongst the not so nice places that I am starting to really enjoy it here. I guess I'm doing okay at simply enjoying being where the Lord has put me for this time in my life (and of course, my husband being here helps it be a nice place to be, lol!).

So now, some pictures for your viewing enjoyment!

This is a church just a little ways down the road from here-- I thought it looked quite pretty!

My niece helping her mommy

My sister in law baking a cake... with the assistance of my niece, the blur in the background

My nephew totally in awe of a movie that was played before church.

This was NOT taken by me (how could anyone ever tell that?? hehe). Sorry the white balance is off on it... that's why it is blue, but it is the only decent picture I have of me, so...

My husband! I liked the picture... and I liked the subject. It's so rare to catch a really nice looking smile on his face. Good thing I'm married to the guy, as I seem to be the only one able to get smiles on his face for pictures!

Here's a picture I quite liked! It's from when Justin was off on the 25th-- we went to the beach and enjoyed a walk there, and these pieces of wood were stuck in the beach! I thought it made for some interesting photography if nothing else!

And, one of my favourite pictures! I really like this one with the sponge in it... I've not seen a red sponge before, and the colours turned out nicely and all. Perhaps we'll be back to that beach some day-- I hope so! It's one of the few beaches around here that I've actually seen shells, stones, and other things on the shore! Most of the beaches here seem to be sifted clean so people don't stub their toes or something.

Hope you enjoyed my pictures, and perhaps I shall post again some day soon! (Or, maybe I will convince Justin that he ought to post, lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment